North Country Snapshot #26 Jon McElroy
Name: Jon McElroy
Occupation: Machine Operator
Residence: Waterford, VT
1) Given the choice of anyone in the world, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would you want to have dinner?
“This one I gave a lot of thought. It’s a long list, but I think it would be Warren Buffet.”
2) What’s one of your favorite movies?
“Star Wars. Except for the first two. Those sucked. By first two, I mean the prequels, 1 and 2, not 4 and 5.”
3) Cat or dog?
“Sure. I like both.”
4) If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
“Something warm, preferably with a tropical, fruity drink. Extra umbrellas. Or, maybe a Munich Oktoberfest.”
5) What’s the last thing you remember hearing on the radio?
6) What’s your favorite thing about the North Country?
“Green. Forest. Nature. Solitude.”
7) Smartphone, flip phone, or rotary phone?
8) What’s your least favorite thing about the North Country?
“As the days get longer, the cold gets stronger.”
9) What's the biggest problem facing the world right now?
“Me, personally? Given the events of the past week, extremism, and I mean overall, ideologically, politically. It doesn’t benefit any of us.”
10) How do you like your steak cooked?
“Medium rare. I like it like butter. I want it to melt in my mouth.”
11) What’s something most people don’t know about you?
“I have a fondness for old movies. Preferably, black and white. Bonus points given for foreign languages.”