North Country Snapshot #35 Melanie Osborne
Name: Melanie Osborne
Occupation: Owner, Thyme to Heal Herbals
Residence: Lisbon, NH
Age: 52, but feel like I’m 30
1) Given the choice of anyone in the world, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would you want to have dinner?
“Joshua Johnson. He’s on ‘The Affair’ and he’s very sexy.”
2) What’s one of your favorite movies?
“‘Steel Magnolias.’ That’s my favorite movie. It’s more fun than you think.”
3) Cat or dog?
“I love cats.”
4) If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
“Well, I want to go to Peru, or my second dream vacation would be somewhere in Europe.”
5) What’s the last thing you remember hearing on the radio?
“Oh, I don’t really listen to the radio. Let me think...it was Bruce Springsteen, and I laughed because my daughter’s boyfriend hates Springsteen. I think it was ‘Born in the USA’.”
6) What’s your favorite thing about the North Country?
“The mountains, the Basin, and the Flume. I love hiking there.”
7) Smartphone, flip phone, or rotary phone?
8) What’s your least favorite thing about the North Country?
“It’s cold. It snows. There’s no public transportation. If I don’t have a car, I can’t get anywhere. It can be hard to own an herbal/Reiki business around here sometimes.”
9) What's the biggest problem facing the world right now?
“College finances. I have one daughter three years in, and my second is going next year. They’re both very bright and talented, but how do we get there from here?”
10) How do you like your steak cooked?
“I don’t eat steak. I like my chicken, my turkey, and my seafood.”
11) What’s something most people don’t know about you?
“I enjoy horror stories and mystery novels.”