North Country Snapshot #30 Paul Reuben
Name: Paul Reuben
Occupation: Meat Clerk
Residence: Bethelehem, NH Age: 52
1) Given the choice of anyone in the world, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would you want to have dinner?
2) What’s one of your favorite movies?
“The Wizard of Oz”
3) Cat or dog?
4) If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
“Tel Aviv, Israel.”
5) What’s the last thing you remember hearing on the radio?
“Paint it Black...the Stones.”
6) What’s your favorite thing about the North Country?
“Sense of Community. It’s taken years to feel this sensation, but now that I do, it is really palpable. Everywhere I go, people know me and each other….the small talk, kibbitzing if you will, that occurs all over town. So sweet.”
7) Smartphone, flip phone, or rotary phone?
“I’ve recently given up my landline for an iPhone, so I’m still very new at it...the other night I realized I could shut if off….I’m somewhat slow with tech gadgets.”
8) What’s your least favorite thing about the North Country?
“I loved the Clam Shell. We do not really have the greatest food establishments, I’m afraid. If you really want a good meal at a great price, it seems to me you need to travel a bit.”
9) What's the biggest problem facing the world right now?
“Lack of unity and brotherhood. If we truly felt like family members we would want what’s best for the next guy. It may not be perfect but at the minimum we would not want harm to come to them. I don’t know if there is ever going to be a ‘triumphing’ over the warring factions in the Middle East except for education. Death Cults have to be treated as such de-programming, re-education, etc...There are more than enough resources on this Planet for all of Humanity. If we could all get past our ego driven perception, start giving, we could transform into the next dimension: the age of Spirituality….then we start fixing the sh*t that’s wrong: greed etc….and things will start moving at a pretty rapid clip….so again...lack of unity and our perceptions.”
10) How do you like your steak cooked?
11) What’s something most people don’t know about you?
“I was in the Navy.”